POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First post (~50 KB) : First post (~50 KB) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 20:27:06 EDT (-0400)
  First post (~50 KB)
From: David  El Tom
Date: 9 Sep 2002 18:30:22
Message: <3d7d20fe@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I just played around with the new version of PoV and this is what came out.
I know, ..., not really good, but is one of my first tries.
Everything is simple CSG beside the sheet on the table and the tip of the
pen (HamaPatch).
I defined a macro for the jalousie at the window (so that I can define the
rotation of the elements and the hight in an easy way) and  a second one for
placing these metal plates inside the glas thingy (don't know the name in
english). The wooden manequin was done with moray with complet IK setup
(didn't worked as expected, but still helpfull). The table has an simple
wooden texture (+some warps) and is covered by a small layer (box) of glass
to fake the coating.
Photons took 5 hours, rendering additional 26 hours (1GHz, 128MB). The post
process was done with HCR (by Ch. Horman, if think).

hope you like it and have some suggestions for improvements.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Schneekugel5_blurred_75%.jpg' (51 KB)

Preview of image 'Schneekugel5_blurred_75%.jpg'
Schneekugel5_blurred_75%.jpg